Special Issue: Architectural Design and Construction for Smart and Sustainable Buildings and Cities
Dr. Francesca Perugia, Curtin University, Australia
Dr. Zhou Fang, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Dr. Subashini Suresh, University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Prof. Ellyn Lester, Pennsylvania College of Technology, USA
Before the pandemic, we were on the cusp of a tech revolution that would reshape our lives. The pandemic introduced new work methods and adaptations in the built environment. Amidst this change, a collaborative response from public and private sectors, academia, and communities is vital. This special issue will discuss:
- Architectural and urban contexts
- Enhancing the built environment’s quality
- Planning and development theories
- Designing inclusive cities
- Informal cities
- Economic and social perspectives on infrastructure delivery
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions
- Pandemic impacts on building design and its ripple effects
- Changes in work/life balance, health, safety, and knowledge sharing
- Resilient systems and environments.
- Prepare your paper following the Instructions for Authors.
- Submit your paper online at the submission portal and choose the article type “Architectural Design and Construction for Smart and Sustainable Buildings and Cities”.
- Only original, unpublished work related to the Special Issue topics will be considered.
- Each paper will be assessed by at least two reviewers based on relevance, significance, technical quality, scholarship, and presentation.
- Ensure your paper, or any significantly similar version, is not published or under review elsewhere during our review process.